15 Hilarious Things Only People With Foreign Parents Will Understand
There are some things only people born to foreign parents can truly understand:
You’re never too old to be afraid of your dad. You can’t date until you’re 25, but you should be married with two kids by the age of 26 and most importantly, you spent your entire youth never understanding the true joy of being allowed to attend a sleepover. Unless of course your parents were lucky enough to know someone who could run a background check on your friend’s mum & dad.
And that my friends, is just the tip of the very strange iceberg…
1. You Got Pulled Out Of Sex Ed Because You Don’t Need To Know About ‘Chlamyia’ If You’re Going To Get Married A Virgin.
2. You Have To Act As A Translator Between Your Parents & Your Friends
3. You Speak A Strange Foreign Hybrid Of English That Only Other British Born Foreigners From Your Homeland Can Understand
4. Your Parents Tell Your Entire Family Everything About You. They All Do A Terrible Job Of Hiding It.
5. Your Dad Isn’t 100% Sure What You Do At Uni, He Just Knows How Much It’s Costing Him.
6. Your Mum Is The Decision Maker In The House, But Your Dad Doesn’t Know It…
7. You’re Allowed To Live At Home Until You’re Married (Which For The Record Should Be By The Age Of 25)
8. There Are ONLY Three Acceptable Career Paths: Doctor, Lawyer, Accountant.
9. Whilst Everyone Else Frequents Fancy Resorts In The Bahamas, You Holiday In The Homeland, In Your 90 Year Old Grandma’s Spare Room Which Overlooks The Chickens.
10. You Heard The “I Came To This Country With Only £2 In My Pocket…” Lecture At Least Once A Week For The First 21 Years Of Your Life.
11. Every Argument Ended With “While You’re Under My Roof You Do As I Say…”
12. You Still Have Traumatic Memories Of Your Mums Slipper
13. Despite Being Born Over Here & Having Cultivated Just About Every British Tradition Going, We Still Refer To Everyone Else As: “English People”
14. You’re Parents Keep Calling Your “English” Friends By The Wrong Name Because They All Look The Same To Them.
15. After 7 Failed Attempts At Pronouncing Your Surname, Cold Callers Hand Up On YOU. “Is This Miss Anthan.. Athana.. Anast… F*ck This” *Dial Tone*