10 Rules for a Girl's Night Out
We all look forward to the big girl’s night out. At the end of a hard day there’s no better way to unwind than going out and getting down on the dance floor. Who better to share this with than your closest female friends? These are the top 10 rules for having an amazing night out with your favourite girls.
- Pre-drink together! No matter how many times she smiles and nods, you know your mate can’t hear you when you try and shout in her ear over the bass in the club. In the comfort of your own home, a bottle of wine, blasting your favourite tunes and teasing each other’s hair – the pre-drink is the perfect time for you to really bond with your mates before you go out and hit the dance floor.
2. Leave the drama at home. There’s nothing worse than your best mates having too much to drink and deciding that arguing about who stole who’s boyfriend back in sixth form is a really good idea. Leave all the extra baggage at the door – you’ve gone out to have fun!
3. Don’t forget your camera. Whether it’s a duckface or a stream of shameless bathroom selfies, you don’t want to forget the memories you will make tonight.
4. There’s plenty of fish in the sea, throw this one back! After that second mojito, the guy across the bar is starting to look more and more like Johnny Depp in this light. Don’t make any plans to elope just yet. There’s nothing wrong with an occasional club snog, but a girl’s night out is just that. Leave with the people you came with.
5. Dance like no one’s watching. Try out those dance moves you’ve been practicing in the bedroom mirror. Tonight, you and your girls are ruling that dance floor; revel in it.
6. Drink responsibly. Know your limits – there is such thing as one shot too many. Besides, no one likes a sloppy drunk; especially one that they have to carry home.
7. Look out for each other. It is hard work trying to stop one friend drunk texting her ex, while saving another from a creepy lurker and still get your groove on. Be patient, they’d do the same for you.
8. Pick a venue you all like. There’s a variety of different places where you can go to let your hair down – bars, pubs, clubs. There’s no point going to a place where you and your friends are not all on the same vibe.
9. Stay classy, not trashy. You are out to have fun, but that doesn’t mean that you have to lose your wits. Your skirt hiked up on the dance floor and sick in your hair is never a good look. Don’t do anything that will give you horrible flashbacks along with that hangover in the morning.
10. No woman gets left behind. There’s nothing worse than when your big girls’ night out turns into a drunken game of hide and seek in a crowded nightclub. Try and leave together, especially if you’re going to more than one venue. Imagine your friend’s horror when she realises halfway through the night that she’s twerking on her own. Sometimes, you do have to stay for ‘just one more song’ and stick with your friends.
By Sherice Barrett-Baptiste